Sunday 30 March 2014

EGX Rezzed!

   This weekend has been a really good one. I've thoroughly enjoyed it, going home and seeing my family, and going to Eurogamer at the NEC Birmingham!


   I bought a ticket for the Saturday, and had a brilliant day of going to developer talks, playing games, and checking out the merchandise. My only real regret about this day was that, as I found out far, far too late, two of my favourite members of the Yogscast were there. I didn't pay extra to meet them, because by that time, these tickets had sold out. *Sigh*. It was still a brilliant day though.



   The first developer session I went to was about Dying Light, given by Maciej Binkowski. I'd watched videos about this game before, and the talk re-sparked my excitement towards it! Maciej talked about how players would experience a new way of playing, with the Natural Movement System. It's a survival horror game which heavily incorporates a lot of parkour style climbing and such. If something looks like you can climb it, you can. During the day, you can go about your missions, gathering resources and so on, and at night, you simply need to stay alive until day time. The thing is, at night, the 'zombies' change, and can run and climb just as fast as you can. Here's a video of the game from IGN.


   After this, we looped straight back round to queue for the next session! This was for the game Alien: Isolation. I didn't know much of this game before the talk, but I'm very glad that my boyfriend had wanted to go because I am now very excited for it too. The developers wanted to capture as much as possible the original essence and atmosphere as the 1979 film, with the same suspense that keeps the audience on edge as the crew desperately evades the dark threat of the Xenomorph. This exciting, survival horror game has also been announced for release on the 7th of October 2014! 

                                         

   After this, we started to wander around the hall, seeing what was there. There was an awesome section for retro games, and there seemed to be a section for every console ever made, even old pinball machines! There were plenty of really amazing looking games there, but there were two in particular that caught my eye. 






   The first was Infamous: Second Son, which was visually very striking. Neither of us unfortunately for a chance to play it, because we were both ultra British and too polite to push forwards or express to the guy spending way too long playing through the ENTIRE demo that it was now our turn to give it a try. 'Really gotta' work on that...
   Either way, what I watched of it looked awesome. Here's a trailer for this one also.


                                          




   The other was Murdered: Soul Suspect, which is due for release on the 6th of June this year! Just in time for Summer! So I am 100% getting this game. Here is a trailer for it.


                                         

    This game is about some one who was murdered, trying to track down his killer. I think this seems like a brilliant idea for a game, and I am really drawn to the dark, supernatural visuals of this detective thriller. Playing it was brilliant too, it was a lot of fun and I was instantly pulled in to the storyline. I definitely want to play more.

   I really enjoyed this event, I will definitely be keeping an eye of what's going to be on at the London Eurogamer in September!


No comments:

Post a Comment