Sunday 15 February 2015

Week 20 - Trip to Oxford!

   This week we went on a little field trip! We had decided in the end that we wanted to base our idea around the theme of Oxford, and lead the player through clues that point towards Lewis Carroll's inspirations that led him to write Alice's adventures in Wonderland.
   So, we decided that to research properly we needed to take a trip to Oxford and Jonah very kindly drove us there. First we went to the Pitt River's museum, which is crammed with cabinets filled with all sorts of intriguing artefacts. I've been there a few times and I'm still sure I haven't seen everything there is to see.


   We then went to have lunch (an extremely healthy one of course...) then went to visit Christ Church, where Lewis Carroll worked when he wrote Alice's Adventures Underground. We used this opportunity to get plenty of reference and really try to absorb the environment. All in all, it was a really great trip! 

Because we had decided to base our level around Oxford, one of the things that we want to include is some shops that provide hints and clues about Lewis Carroll's inspirations. So I started to look at victorian shops.


   I had a look at these different shops and started to concept some shops! I'll show you those next week once I've finished them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment