Sunday 1 February 2015

Week 18 - Container City Hand in!

   The container city project has drawn to a close, and I have to say I've enjoyed creating our little dystopian universe. It's been a stressful project, and in parts demotivating, but it's all worth it to see the final result.
   We spent a lot of this time using the objects that we'd made to clutter up the level and make it really come to life. This is where all the hard work started to pay off and we reached the exciting part of turning it into a really visually appealing little world.





I drew up these sketches to give us ideas to how we could make this level interesting and look more fleshed out. I tried to think of ways that people would have tried to turn these scrap objects into home and how they'd have used anything at their disposable to build a community they could recognise and feel familiar with. So I thought of goods market stalls and a bar area where they've used spools and seats for tables and chairs outside. We had different kinds of mattresses, which we set up in some areas to seem like someone had tried to make a home in there, decorating it with old fairy lights, photo frames, and a child's teddy. 



   Here are some screenshots of certain areas to show you what I mean. I really like the bar area, and I think it makes sense that they'd have one. In a universe like this, there would need to be somewhere like a bar or whatever, something recreational for people to do because without that, a lot might question the point of trying to survive. 






   These are some of my favourite screen shots from the final level. I am so proud of my group and how much we've achieved in just four short weeks. It felt like we were making slow progress throughout the project, but now that it's all together, I  realise just how much work we've put into this. I feel like what we've produced looks really professional and like something you'd find in an actual game, which is absolutely helped massively by the sound effects that we've put in. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment