Sunday 22 February 2015

Week 21 - Shop Fronts!

So as I was saying last week, I've been working on the concepts for shop fronts to use. I also worked on a few paint overs for how the street could look. Whilst designing the shops I tired to make the shop names relevant to parts of the story or just directly to Lewis Carroll. Now though, we've realised we're mostly going to be making modular shops with perhaps two or three shops that you'll actually be able to go inside.


   The ones we're going to focus on making use of are the Apothecary, the Florist and the Cake shop, because we'll be able to use these as points of interest. For instance, in the Apothecary there might be the 'Drink me' bottle, which would give you the ability to duck, and later on there would be an eat me cake which would give you the jump ability. Then you'd go through the Florist to get to the St Fridside Well.

These are the photo bashes I produced, and to be quite honest I think they're awful. I think the only thing about it that's actually any good is the road; I think that would be a good sort of material to be using. 


   We came to realise that our idea wasn't going to make much sense. We were going to make the Quad, but we decided that it was simply too much for a starting area, so we started to think what if we scrapped the river ideas, then went from the street to the quad. We thought of making it more trippy and fitting in with the surreal theme of Alice in Wonderland, so that you'd go into the well and be transported to the Quad.

No comments:

Post a Comment