Sunday 22 March 2015

Week 25 - OTM - Textures and Progress

   I feel like things have started to turn around this week. We've all started to collect our pieces together and put them in the scene and as the textures appear, the level is gradually coming together. Hopefully this means, as a group, we'll be getting out of the rut we've been in over the past few weeks. In the first part of this week, I was mostly focusing on finishing the modelling, unwrapping, light maps and creating the collision meshes, to get the exported files into engine. As it stands now, there is just one more larger thing for me to complete this process for, which is the Florist.
   The texturing I've been doing now has been more fun than previously. Midway through the week I completed the texturing for the cake shop, which I think looks quite nice. I have also been working on the glass a bit more to make it more convincing. I tried to stick to the same colours for the bakery as in the concept, even though the design has changed a bit since then.


   After this, I went onto a much larger texturing job, which was the Apothecary. It's not finished yet, but it looks quite good so far. I put in some lights and seeing these through the frosted glass has really started to bring the whole look together and has pushed me to want to complete the rest of the textures for it. I'm really looking forward to this being done and seeing the Apothecary completed.



   So yeah! It's starting to get more rewarding now that things are being textured and I'm feeling slightly more optimistic about the whole project. So here's to another week of progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment