Friday 18 April 2014

Christmas Character

   I'm going back quite a ways here, but I wanted to include more of the work I've been doing on the course this year. This is from the Christmas holidays, when we were given a project to design an evil christmas character.


   First I did a bit of planning, deciding on the story behind my character. At first I wanted to go for an evil Santa type character, but I decided that I wanted to go for something a little bit different, because the Evil Santa thing has been done really. It might be cool to return to this though, and create an evil Santa too, just for fun!



   After this, I did a few quick figure drawings to get an idea of posture for my character. I found this quite useful but looking back I think I should have done more of them, and tried to find a model online or something with similar muscle structure to the character I wanted to create. I know for next time though. After this I went on to decide on more design elements of the character.






   Once I'd drawn out the designs I went on to do the final for this character. I really liked it at the time but now I can see so many problems with it, which I guess indicates how I've improved since then. The hands aren't good on this and the brush style is a bit mucky. If I were to re do this I think I could improve on the proportions, because they're off by quite a way. I don't think the lighting is too bad, but it could do with improving and it'd be good if I gave it more of an interesting background.







No comments:

Post a Comment