Friday 18 April 2014

Selfie!!

   These are from a while ago, but this is some of my work from the Portrait project that was set for Visual Design. I found this project quite difficult, so I really want to come back to it at some point, but I found it useful and learnt a lot whilst doing it.


   Some of these are just awful. However, I have learnt a lot from them. Some on these are actually quite good and look a lot like me though. For instance, on the first image in the bottom left-hand corner, I think that one actually went quite well. I was lighter with my mark making and didn't make as drastic mistakes about proportions and stuff. The one next to it however, isn't right at all. I tried to use the method of partitioning the face, but I think I measured wrong because it looks very off. On the second picture, my favourite drawing is the one in the top right-hand corner. It looks quite a lot like me, except that I think the facial features are a tad too close together. The worse one is just below that. I don't even know what happened there. That doesn't even look like me, in any sort of sense.


   I was quite pleased with how this one turned out. A few things stick out as wrong on this to me, though. The nose is a little bit too long, and the left eye is spaced a bit too far away from the nose. The eyebrow also looks a little bit big, but to be honest that's probably not too far from accurate. (I like a defined brow, haha.)


   This was my final piece for this project, which I actually was really pleased with. I think it looks quite a lot like me. I think it was easier to achieve this because whilst digital painting, you can cut things and edit all along the way, so it was much easier to rectify the mistakes I had noticed. I would like to re do this though, and focus more on the colour as well as the face structure. I'd like to do a piece where I focus more on the different hues in the skin tones. 




No comments:

Post a Comment