Sunday 27 April 2014

UDK!

   One of the projects I've been working on over the easter break is building a scene in UDK, from the assets that we had made over the year. This was a way to introduce us steadily to the engine for future use, so that we could at least gain a beginner's perspective. I found it a quite good opportunity to reflect on my past work, and see how I have grown over the past year. I feel quite pleased when I look back at how much I've grown over this past year. There were a few changes and alterations I had to make to some of my objects before putting them into UDK, and I decided to make a new house to test myself.
   Before starting this project, I was racked with nerves at the anticipation of learning a new program, and flustered myself into a panic about it. As is the norm. I don't think it went as bad as I thought it would, though.





We didn't have a lot of lessons on this before putting it into practice, so it was quite fun learning it and getting to know the interface. It's not fantastic by a long shot, but I'm looking forward to practicing and getting to know the program better, and I plan on practicing more over the summer. 

Now here's a bit of personal work...


   Daryl, from The Walking Dead. Purely because he is so awesome and my favourite character so far (I'm a bit of a newbie to The Walking Dead, making my way through the seasons at the moment.) I think it went quite well, and I enjoyed this piece. There are some problems with it that are niggling away at me, but I think this piece taught me a lot about lighting and the pigments in the skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment