Friday 18 April 2014

Personal Work

   As of late, I don't seem to have had much opportunity to do much personal work. I did a couple of film stills not too long back and found them really enjoyable. I should do some more of them soon, and set some time aside for more personal work. To be honest I'm really looking forward to having time to get stuck into lots of work that is purely for me.

    This one is from the film 'Carrie' (1976 version.) This is one of my favourite films, so it was naturally one of the first I thought to do a movie study piece for. This film has a great sense of atmosphere, so I tried to choose a scene that captured some of that. I found this really useful for improving my understanding of lighting and incorporating colour and I'm really pleased with how this went


   This one is from another of my favourite movies, Swing Kids. I think this went even better than the last and I felt this really helped with my understanding of skin tones and such, because there's a large range of hues in the skin. I like the lighting in this piece too, I think I now have a much stronger understanding of the way that light hits the face.
   I really enjoy doing these, I definitely want to do some more when I next get an opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment